Monday, February 28, 2011

Liipstik Approved -- The Oscars

Last night was the 83rd Annual Academy Awards at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood and I must say this is fashions Super Bowl. I really think all the stars saved their best dresses, suits, heels and jems for this night because no A-list celeb can afford to be on the worst-dressed list for the biggest night in Hollywood.

Let's just get right to it! The juicy and the best part of the night, the best dressed. For the Oscars, the best of the best come out and I must say many stars did not disappoint. The one thing I found myself saying more and more this red carpet was, "OMG that's my wedding dress!" or "Oh, imagine that dress in white!" So here's Liipstik's best dressed and the Liipstik Approved look of the night.


The night's best dressed look goes to, Cate Blanchett, HANDS DOWN. The reason why this dress wins Liipstik's Approved look of the night is because it's more than just a gown, it's a piece of art. Cate wore a Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture gown and it was a show stopper. The dress was a perfect fusion of modern art and a classic gown in one. The lilac gown was embroidered with white pearl and yellow beading, which I think added a beautiful contrast to the gown. It honestly amazing and there really isn't mush more to say then wow!

I heart and that's why Cate is Liipstik's Approved look of the night.



Here's a look at some of Liipstik's other fave looks of the night.


Here is model Camila Alves in a beautiful black gown. I really don't know if it's her golden bronzed skin, her pretty face, or the dress that I love the most. But all together, the work looks. The jewels are simple, the middle part low bun is fab and I LOVE IT.

WEDDING DRESS ALERT!!!!!


Sandra Bullock wore a beautiful red Vera Wang gown this year to the Academy Awards. Even though she was not nominated this year, but she def stole the show. A lot of people are not fans of red dresses on the red carpet, just because they might look to matchy-matchy, but it works here. The whole look was really soft; her makeup was natural, her hair was softly pulled back and she had a small splash of colour on her lips. It was simple and classic, and I'm a fan.


Mila Kunis in Elie Saab. I love this gown. The "Black Swan" actress came in a lavender, lace and chiffon Elie Saab number that just screams romantic, soft, sexy, elegant and still makes a statement. I love the colour, I love the fact that the gown still is young, sexy and just right for the occasion. Everything about it works. This is one of my wedding dress options, of course in white though.



Calvin Klein you have done it again and again. And tonight is not an exception. Both Jennifer Lawrence and Gwyneth Paltrow sported gowns by the American designer. Both ladies dawned sleek, simple, minimalist, sophisticated and modern gowns for the night in true Klein fashion.

Jennifer went for a red CK gown. She kept it uber simple with a gold bracelet and gold clutch, big flowy sex hair and a smokey eye. Very SEXY! LOVED it!

Gwyneth went for a metallic gown with a Louis Vuitton brooch and earrings. What I loved about this look were her earrings, it really added something to the look.

I LOVE CALVIN KLEIN. My style is really simple, easy, classic and chic, just like Calvin. And this isn't just a shout out to get free gear either. lol





Hailee Steinfeld has been killing it this award show season. Can you believe she is only 14-years-old? For the night she wore a Marchesa gown, which she helped design. The best thing about this look, it's age appropriate and she looks so cute. If she helped design the gown, she is def a fashion star in the making.

Let us know what you think.

xoxo
Liipstik

No comments:

Post a Comment